Sioux Falls Homeowners' Guide To Total Termite Control
September 15, 2022 - Termites
Finding termites in your home is a scary experience. Everyone knows that termites chew through wood, but many people don't understand the severity and danger of an established termite colony. Termites in your home can quickly cause enough damage to make your home unsafe to be in, which is why Olson's Pest Technicians are on standby, ready to provide the most comprehensive pest control in Sioux Falls that specializes in termite treatments. Read on to learn more about these pests and how you can safeguard your home from them today!
About The Termite Caste System
Termites are a fascinating pest and are unlike any other; they are indestructible and nearly impossible to eliminate. Below is the lifecycle of these insects and how their caste system allows them to adapt to any situation:
- Termite eggs: Like most insects, a termite's life begins when the queen lays the eggs. These eggs are small, white, and oval-shaped.
- Nymphs: The second stage beings once the termite eggs hatch and they become nymphs. As they grow, they will molt, shedding their skins. They develop into reproductives, workers, or soldiers.
- Castes: There are three different castes within a colony, the reproductives, soldiers, and workers. Each caste member has a specific job to help keep the colony alive. Reproductives produce and care for the young; workers gather food for the colony, and the soldiers build the shelter.
Securing professional termite treatments is essential for your home. If you do not kill every termite in the colony, they will evolve and continue to reproduce, restarting your infestation. At Olson's Pest Technicians, our experts use the most effective tools and treatments to flush out entire swarms and eliminate them.
The Extent Of Damage Termites Can Cause To Your Property
If there are termites in your home, it's possible you won't know until it's too late. They are silent pests, and despite the destruction they cause, they rarely make a sound while doing it. At best, they will cost you thousands of dollars in damage repair. At worst, they will completely ruin the structural integrity of your home, causing it to be unsafe. At Olson's Pest Technicians, we have over 50 years of experience providing the highest quality termite control in Sioux Falls. We train our technicians to spot termites long before they have the chance to cause irreparable damage. The tools they use are powerful enough to reach the entire swarm, ensuring the infestation doesn't just restart with an evolving single termite.
Don't risk the structural integrity of your home -- give us a call to get ahead of these pests today!
Four Simple Tips To Make Your Property Less Attractive To Termites
The best form of termite control is prevention, and the first step to preventing termites is to know what attracts them to your property in the first place. Below are four easy things everyone can do today to help reduce their appeal to your property and turn termites away:
- Fix leaky pipes: The moisture that builds up in the air thanks to leaky pipes appeals to these pests. Start by ensuring there are no areas in your home where water is leaking.
- Clean up your yard: Organic debris such as sticks, logs, and stumps are where termites set up shop before graduating to your house. Regular yard maintenance will prevent termites from camping in your yard and getting closer to your home.
- Paint your porches: After using up the organic debris in the yard, termites will migrate to the next wooden structure; this is usually a porch. Painting your wooden porch is a great deterrent and keeps termites from settling in.
- Seal up holes: Look for cracks, crevices, and holes in the concrete of your home's foundation, as these are easy access points that allow termites and other pests to sneak inside your home.
The Olson's Pest Technicians will identify your property's conducive conditions and pressure points and implement proven prevention strategies. Let's work together to keep your home safe today!
The Secret To Total Termite Control For Sioux Falls Properties
Identification, extermination, and prevention are the three steps to total termite control, and Olson's Pest Technicians will provide complete termite pest control in Sioux Falls. You should never have to worry about pests destroying your home, your safe place. Team up with Olson's Pest Technicians today and let them take care of the termites for you. Give us a call to get started today!