The Benefits Of Professional Pest Control For Your Sioux Falls Home
August 30, 2022 - Home Pest Control
From tiny bugs to furry rodents, there are several different pests that invade local homes. It's essential to stay up to date on residential pest control services to protect your home from damage and the diseases pests carry. Read on to learn more about the importance of professional pest control.
The Many Pests That Can Plague Sioux Falls Homes
Keeping up with routine home pest control services provides peace of mind that your property is protected. There are many different pests found throughout the local area. Here are some of the most common creatures and insects, along with the damage they may cause.
- Bed Bugs: These pests get into homes by hitching rides on clothing and luggage. Once they're inside, they tend to spread out to all corners of a home and remain undetected. They come out to feed on human hosts overnight, leaving behind unsightly and itchy bite marks. They are notoriously difficult to eradicate without professional bed bug control, so prevention is key.
- Ants: There are several different types of ant species, each with its own set of concerns. Most ants crawl through filthy surfaces, where they can pick up pathogens and leave them on household surfaces. They can also contaminate food if they gain access to your pantry. Carpenter ants feed on wood and cause severe structural damage, similar to termites.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are one of the most filthy pests to discover in your home. In addition to carrying and spreading diseases and bacteria, they cause allergic reactions in some individuals. They are also extremely resilient and tough to kill.
- Spiders: While most spiders are harmless and a natural source of pest control in our ecosystem, some species are dangerous. The brown recluse and black widow spiders are venomous and can inflict painful bites that sometimes result in needing emergency medical care.
- Bats: These flying rodents carry and spread diseases like rabies. When they infest homes, their feces builds up and grows a fungus that can lead to severe lung illnesses. Although they eat other bugs, you don't want these pests anywhere on your property.
- Termites: Both subterranean and drywood termites cause major structural damage to homes, resulting in the need for expensive repairs. They often remain undetected, so it's vital to pay attention to the signs of an infestation to avoid a major catastrophe.
There are several additional pests that cause headaches for homeowners, like mosquitoes, stinging insects, and mice. Contact a trusted source of Sioux Falls pest control at the first signs of any of these pests in your home, like Olson's Pest Technicians.
Protect Your Family's Health And Your Property From Damage
Residential pest control companies work to prevent pests from entering your home and eliminate existing infestations. Your first appointment will likely include a thorough inspection to check for signs of issues and to determine which pests are causing problems. A technician will inspect both the inside and outside of your home to look for pest activity. Once the inspection is complete, we will apply a custom treatment solution to your home to safeguard it from insect and rodent invaders.
You can also contact a pest control company to safely remove a wasp nest or beehive so you can avoid potential injury from painful stings. Our exterminators also have training in the humane removal of animals. Schedule regular follow-up appointments at least yearly to stay ahead of issues and catch pest problems before they become unmanageable.
The Hassles With Do-It-Yourself Pest Control
DIY home pest control remedies fail because most homeowners don’t have the necessary equipment to handle infestations. Many over-the-counter solutions contain harsh chemicals that could harm your family and pets if applied incorrectly. A professional exterminator is highly skilled in pest behavior and how to eliminate bugs and rodents from residential properties. Invest in pest control services instead to save yourself the hassle and wasted time and money.
The Stress-Free Way To A Pest-Free Home
Olson's Pest Technicians has been a go-to source of reliable pest control in Sioux Falls for over 50 years. With over 80 years of combined extermination experience, our trained technicians will work closely with you to prevent pests from taking over your property. For more information, give us a call today.
Had some bad bug issues, Olsons took great care of us. Prompt and polite services. Would use again and recommend to all friends and family in area.