Guaranteed Brown County Pest Control For Homes & Businesses
Located about 125 miles northeast of Pierre, the city of Aberdeen, SD, was incorporated in 1883. As the third most populous city in the state, Aberdeen offers the amenities of a large metropolis while maintaining its quiet, small-town charm. Life in Aberdeen is a fine balance, and there’s certainly no room for pests roaming around town. The bad news is that local pest populations are a year-round problem, exposing homes and businesses to the dangers of infestations.
The only guaranteed way to protect your home or business from a pest infestation is to call in a team of experienced pest experts. The team at Olson’s Pest Technicians offers year-round pest control solutions to properties throughout Aberdeen and the surrounding areas. Since 1996, we’ve been providing Brown County pest control that the community can depend on. With over 80 years of combined experience, our team knows how to tackle your pest problems from the inside out. Call today to get started.
Residential Pest Control In Aberdeen, SD
Being a homeowner is no walk in the park, but when pests enter the picture, things get a lot more complicated. A household pest infestation can cause a lot of problems for the structure of your home as well as the people inside of it. It exposes you to damage and contamination, which is why it’s important to secure professional residential pest control services in Aberdeen. Olson’s Pest Technicians has serviced over 400 homes in the area with complete pest coverage, protecting local residences from all kinds of local intruders, such as bed bugs, ants, spiders, German cockroaches, Subterranean termites, and bats. Contact us to learn more.
Commercial Pest Control In Aberdeen, SD
If you own a business here in Aberdeen, you ought to know about the threats involved with commercial pest infestation. Pests can wreak havoc on a business, endangering everyone in the facility as well as your overall reputation. That’s why we provide complete commercial pest solutions in Aberdeen that work. Our commercial process includes:
- Interior and exterior of the property
- Looking for active pests, signs of pest activity, and conducive conditions
- Interior baseboard liquid treatment
- Exterior liquid barrier treatments around the foundation, window sills, door frames, eaves, etc.
- Wiping down spider webs and wasp nests
- Laying down rodent bait stations if needed
After we finish treating the facility, we return on a monthly or weekly basis to keep conditions pest-free throughout the year. Our pest management services are customizable per business, and it’s our goal to work together with local business owners to keep the community free from pests. Reach out to us today to discuss your commercial pest control needs.
What Every Aberdeen Homeowner Ought To Know About Bat Control
When bats get into your home, there are a lot of problems to consider. As a homeowner, there are some things you ought to know about bat control in Aberdeen:
- Bats multiply rapidly and spread their populations very quickly. That means the situation can turn into a full-blown infestation in no time.
- Bats bite and infect people and pets with diseases. These bites can go undetected for long periods of time, increasing the likelihood of your developing an adverse health reaction.
- When bats bite, they can transmit a host of illnesses like rabies and histoplasmosis. They also produce droppings that contain fungi and parasites that cause widespread contamination.
The most effective way to guard yourself against bats is to reach out to the professionals at Olson’s Pest Technicians. Our bat control solutions are thorough and effective, and we offer all kinds of services such as TAP insulation (installation and removal), guano removal, entrance sealing, chimney caps installation, and one-way doors. Reach out to us to learn more.
Six Practical Ant Control Tips For Aberdeen Property Owners
An ant infestation can be frustrating because these intruders are so tiny that they can squeeze through the smallest cracks and crevices around our homes and businesses. It can seem impossible to control ant activity, which is why it’s best to be proactive in preventing them in the first place. In order to help reduce your chances of experiencing an ant infestation, there are some preventive measures you can take. Here are six practical ant control tips for Aberdeen property owners:
- Clean up spills and crumbs immediately as they happen.
- Eliminate sources of excess moisture and standing water around the property.
- Keep food in airtight containers and keep trash in a lidded bin.
- Regularly sweep and vacuum your house, and keep things tidy in general.
- Repair cracks and crevices and seal off any potential entry points.
- Take the trash out regularly and keep it outside in a sealed and lidded bin.
For quality ant control and prevention services, your best bet is to contact Olson’s Pest Technicians. We’ve been dealing with local area ant species for over 50 years, and we have the knowledge and expertise to thoroughly eliminate them from your property. Call today to discuss your ant control needs.
What You Probably Didn't Know About Termites In Aberdeen
Many falsely believe termites are only a problem in the southern states. Because Aberdeen has cold winters, many people don't realize that termites can survive here and are active throughout the year. Once they get into your home, termites have a climate-controlled area to go about their business all twelve months of the year. Unfortunately, this puts your home in peril.
If your Aberdeen home ends up with a termite infestation, it will also end up with substantial damage that your homeowners' insurance won't cover. Keeping termites out of your house is essential if you want to avoid the damage they cause. For termite control near you, contact Olsen's Pest Technicians. We provide termite control services that will protect your home from termites throughout every season of the year.
All The Different Ways You Can Pick Up Bed Bugs In Aberdeen
It would be nice if there were a simple way to avoid a bed bug infestation in your Aberdeen home. Unfortunately, although you can have preventative pest control services performed to keep pests from getting inside, bed bugs don't operate the same way as other common pests, so those services don't protect your house from bed bugs.
Instead, you can inadvertently pick up bed bugs whenever you go out in public. Although it's possible to pick up bed bugs almost anywhere in Aberdeen, some of the places they are most common include:
- Public Transportation
- Nursing Homes
You can't stop living your life to avoid a bed bug infestation, so knowing what to do if you find them in your home is important for a quick solution to your bed bug infestation. For bed bug control near you, contact Olsen's Pest Technicians. Our services fully eradicate your bed bug problem to make sure no bed bugs remain in your home.
Five Fast & Effective Ant Control Tips For Aberdeen Property Owners
When ants get into your house, you don't just see one here or there. Instead, they seem to come out in droves, making you spend most of your time fighting them off. If you have ants in your Aberdeen home, you need to know how to get them under control and prevent them from coming back. These five ant control tips will help:
- First, you need to get rid of the infestation that's already present. Olsen's Pest Technicians provides the ant control near you that you need to eliminate your ant infestation.
- Next, you need to take measures to prevent future ant infestations. Storing food in containers with tightly-fitting lids and not leaving food out on counters is one way to avoid ants.
- Cleaning out your cupboards, pantries, and cabinets to make sure there aren't any food spills or crumbs is another way to keep ants from being attracted to your house.
- Making sure that your house doesn't have any water leaks and that moisture levels are low is another good way to avoid an ant infestation.
- Finally, sealing entry points into your house will make it more difficult for ants to get inside.
An ant infestation is annoying at best and harmful to your home or family at worst, but by taking a few preventative measures, you can avoid an infestation.
Six Easy-To-Spot Signs Your Aberdeen Home Has A Cockroach Problem
Cockroaches are dangerous pests when they invade your Aberdeen home due to the diseases they spread. Knowing the signs of cockroaches in your home is helpful so that you can quickly take care of the issue if it arises. These six easy-to-spot signs will alert you to a cockroach problem.
- You see live cockroaches.
- You find cockroach droppings in your cabinets or on your counters.
- You find shed skins or eggs.
- You see smear marks in the areas where cockroaches would be most active.
- You notice a musty, unpleasant odor.
- You find property damage, especially on food packaging.
If you see any of these signs around your house, contact Olsen's Pest Technicians. You must treat a cockroach infestation carefully and thoroughly to protect your family. Olsen's Pest Technicians provides the services you need to eliminate your cockroach infestation.
Had some bad bug issues, Olsons took great care of us. Prompt and polite services. Would use again and recommend to all friends and family in area.