Experienced Pennington County Pest Control For Homes & Businesses
There are many reasons to love the area around Rapid City, SD. From exciting events to incredible landmarks, there's much to see and do in the state's second-largest city. However, many home and business owners in Rapid City are put off by the area's large and seemingly unending local pest populations.
For more than 50 years, the team at Olson's Pest Technicians has provided actionable pest treatments for local home and business owners. Call our Rapid City office today to get connected with a professional near you.
Residential Pest Control In Rapid City, SD
Olson's Pest Technicians proudly provides residential pest services in the South Dakota area. We have more than 80 years of combined experience working in the residential pest control arena and are more than excited to serve our Rapid City friends and neighbors in a meaningful way.
After you confirm an initial visit through a member of our team, you can expect to receive each of the following services:
- All programs begin with a careful inspection of the home and garden.
- Our treatment programs are customizable to the end client, meaning that your needs always come first!
- After treatment, we'll make sure to check for pest activity around all exterior doors, windowsills, decks, and garages to ensure total pest removal.
Call Olson's Pest Technicians today to schedule effective home pest control services in Rapid City.
Commercial Pest Control In Rapid City, SD
Since 1966, Olson's Pest Technicians have been leading commercial pest control service providers in Rapid City. We have everything it takes to tackle the pest problems that matter to you, from rodents and bed bugs to termites and mosquitos. We strongly believe that there is no task too great or infestation too small for our team members to handle!
To date, we have experience serving a wide variety of local industries, including but not limited to:
- Retail Stores
- Hospitality Industries
- Healthcare Organizations
- Office Buildings
- Manufacturing Plants
Call Olson's Pest Technicians to set up a commercial pest appointment with one of our skilled technicians.
A Helpful Guide To Subterranean Termites For Rapid City Property Owners
Make no mistake, subterranean termites are some of the most dangerous species of wood-eating pests in Rapid City. Not only are these insects capable of consuming wood 24/7 without sleep, but their colonies measure in the hundreds of thousands of members.
If you think that subterranean termites may be living near your home, start following these helpful tips:
- If you haven't yet spotted these termites, do your best to keep wood stacked up off of the ground and away from shrubs or other materials that provide a pathway into your home.
- Inspect for small mud tubes that run between soil and wooden structures, as well as tiny wood pellets at their bases. These are warning signs of a potential termite infestation.
- If you do happen to spot a potential termite in your home, place one in a jar for a professional inspection at a later date.
- Reach out to the professional team at Olson's Pest Technicians for a thorough inspection and treatment program.
Learn more about Olson's Pest Technicians and our comprehensive termite control solutions by calling our Rapid City office today.
Why Bats Invade Rapid City Homes
One of the most frustrating pests in Rapid City includes the flying rodents known as bats. Bats are damaging and even dangerous pests that are perfectly capable of spreading diseases, contaminating surfaces, and spreading guano from place to place. If these mammals find a way to break into your attic, you may be facing a long-term infestation that is difficult to remove.
Here are a few reasons why bats may have invaded your Rapid City property.
- Bats need a quiet place to build their nests, and they often prefer areas of a home that are not frequently disturbed. Attics make for an optimal roosting spot, but if bats can find ways to enter your home through other means (such as chimneys), they may set up shop inside your living space.
- Bats are attracted to fruits and other insects, which may be heavily prevalent near your home or business. Failing to address secondary pest infestations, along with compost piles and orchard trees, may accidentally attract them to the house.
- Finally, bats may find your home attractive because of its unique climate and weather conditions. The insects that bats eat flourish in warm, humid climates that are common during the summer seasons. The summertime may see a spike in bat activity while they look for a meal or place to live.
Bats are protected by law here in Rapid City, meaning that home and business owners cannot remove them without professional help. That's why the best and most efficient way to remove bats in or around your home is with the crew from Olson's Pest Technicians. Call, submit a contact form, or get in touch with a local provider today to get started on our total bat control services built to last.
Clear Signs Of A Cockroach Infestation In Your Rapid City Home
Cockroaches are disgusting pests that no one wants hanging around their Rapid City home. Seeing one of these little creatures scurry across your kitchen floor makes you want to move. And that is before you think about the health hazards caused by roaches.
Cockroaches are known to spread various bacteria, including salmonella and E. coli, as well as parasitic worms and other dangerous pathogens. They can also trigger allergic reactions and asthma attacks, especially in children, the elderly, and people with compromised immune systems.
Cockroach infestations are hard to treat because they can be difficult to detect. If you can catch a cockroach infestation early, you can get it treated before it spreads. The best way to do that is to know the signs of an infestation, which include:
- Cockroach droppings that look like coffee grounds
- Oval-shaped egg cases, typically found behind furniture
- Molted cockroach skin
- Smear marks on walls and baseboards
A musty, unpleasant odor can also be a sign of a cockroach infestation.
Contact us at Olson's Pest Technicians immediately for professional cockroach control if you see any of these signs. Our trained technicians will react quickly to treat the infestation in your home and ensure it doesn't return, protecting your home and family from these disgusting and dangerous pests.
How Bed Bugs Sneak Their Way Into Our Rapid City Homes
In the minds of most people, bed bugs come with a stigma. You only get them if your home is dirty, cluttered, and poorly taken care of. While bed bugs do thrive in those environments, they are also found in well-maintained residential communities across the United States, including Rapid City.
Bed bugs are known as "Nature's Greatest Hitchhikers" for their ability to travel from place to place easily. This means there are many ways bed bugs can sneak into your clean Rapid City home. Some of these methods include:
- On your clothes or luggage after traveling or spending time in a hotel
- On recently purchased furniture, mattresses, sheets, or clothes, especially if bought second-hand
- On your clothes or bags after spending time in populated areas like offices, gyms, or public transportation
If you have picked up bed bugs and transported them to your home, call us immediately for bed bug control you can count on. We'll get these annoying pests out of your house fast, so you can get back to sleeping comfortably without worrying about bed bugs crawling all over you.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Dangerous Spiders Around Your Rapid City Home
If you asked someone to pick the one pest they don't want in their home, most of them would likely choose spiders. Arachnophobia, the fear of spiders, is consistently a top-five fear among Americans. While pop culture makes spiders out to be terrifying pests, most species are totally harmless.
While most spiders aren't a threat and just want to be left alone, there are a few species of spider in Rapid City that can be dangerous. However, even these spiders are more likely to flee than to bite unless they feel cornered.
If you find spiders around your home, don't try to remove them on your own and put yourself at risk for a dangerous bite. Instead, contact us immediately for professional spider control. We'll work with you to remove all the spiders around your home, including the dangerous ones. We will also develop a home pest control plan that treats the tiny pests that attract spiders to your home, which in turn will keep spiders from returning in search of prey.
Quality Ant Control For Your Rapid City Home
Ants are all over the place here in Rapid City. No matter where you look, chances are you will see some of these tiny pests crawling around. While ants outside are common and are no cause for alarm, the issue comes when these pests make their way into your home.
Ants in your home can contaminate food, cause health problems, and make you feel uncomfortable when you should be able to relax. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to prevent ants around your home, including:
- Seal cracks and crevices around your home.
- Store food, including pet food, in airtight containers.
- Keep your garbage in bins with sealed lids and clean the containers regularly.
- Eliminate areas of moisture around your home and yard.
- Keep your grass cut short and bushes trimmed away from your home.
Along with taking these steps around your home, the best thing you can do for ant control is to partner with Olson's Pest Technicians to keep your home protected. We'll design a home pest control plan to meet your needs and protect against the common pests in Rapid City, including ants, so you can relax and enjoy your time at home without worrying about pests and the issues they can cause.