Experienced Pennington County Pest Control For Homes & Businesses
There are many reasons to love the area around Rapid City, SD. From exciting events to incredible landmarks, there's much to see and do in the state's second-largest city. However, many home and business owners in Rapid City are put off by the area's large and seemingly unending local pest populations.
For more than 50 years, the team at Olson's Pest Technicians has provided actionable pest treatments for local home and business owners. Call our Rapid City office today to get connected with a professional near you.
Residential Pest Control In Rapid City, SD
Olson's Pest Technicians proudly provides residential pest services in the South Dakota area. We have more than 80 years of combined experience working in the residential pest control arena and are more than excited to serve our Rapid City friends and neighbors in a meaningful way.
After you confirm an initial visit through a member of our team, you can expect to receive each of the following services:
- All programs begin with a careful inspection of the home and garden.
- Our treatment programs are customizable to the end client, meaning that your needs always come first!
- After treatment, we'll make sure to check for pest activity around all exterior doors, windowsills, decks, and garages to ensure total pest removal.
Call Olson's Pest Technicians today to schedule effective home pest control services in Rapid City.
Commercial Pest Control In Rapid City, SD
Since 1966, Olson's Pest Technicians have been leading commercial pest control service providers in Rapid City. We have everything it takes to tackle the pest problems that matter to you, from rodents and bed bugs to termites and mosquitos. We strongly believe that there is no task too great or infestation too small for our team members to handle!
To date, we have experience serving a wide variety of local industries, including but not limited to:
- Retail Stores
- Hospitality Industries
- Healthcare Organizations
- Office Buildings
- Manufacturing Plants
Call Olson's Pest Technicians to set up a commercial pest appointment with one of our skilled technicians.
A Helpful Guide To Subterranean Termites For Rapid City Property Owners
Make no mistake, subterranean termites are some of the most dangerous species of wood-eating pests in Rapid City. Not only are these insects capable of consuming wood 24/7 without sleep, but their colonies measure in the hundreds of thousands of members.
If you think that subterranean termites may be living near your home, start following these helpful tips:
- If you haven't yet spotted these termites, do your best to keep wood stacked up off of the ground and away from shrubs or other materials that provide a pathway into your home.
- Inspect for small mud tubes that run between soil and wooden structures, as well as tiny wood pellets at their bases. These are warning signs of a potential termite infestation.
- If you do happen to spot a potential termite in your home, place one in a jar for a professional inspection at a later date.
- Reach out to the professional team at Olson's Pest Technicians for a thorough inspection and treatment program.
Learn more about Olson's Pest Technicians and our comprehensive termite control solutions by calling our Rapid City office today.
Why Bats Invade Rapid City Homes
One of the most frustrating pests in Rapid City includes the flying rodents known as bats. Bats are damaging and even dangerous pests that are perfectly capable of spreading diseases, contaminating surfaces, and spreading guano from place to place. If these mammals find a way to break into your attic, you may be facing a long-term infestation that is difficult to remove.
Here are a few reasons why bats may have invaded your Rapid City property.
- Bats need a quiet place to build their nests, and they often prefer areas of a home that are not frequently disturbed. Attics make for an optimal roosting spot, but if bats can find ways to enter your home through other means (such as chimneys), they may set up shop inside your living space.
- Bats are attracted to fruits and other insects, which may be heavily prevalent near your home or business. Failing to address secondary pest infestations, along with compost piles and orchard trees, may accidentally attract them to the house.
- Finally, bats may find your home attractive because of its unique climate and weather conditions. The insects that bats eat flourish in warm, humid climates that are common during the summer seasons. The summertime may see a spike in bat activity while they look for a meal or place to live.
Bats are protected by law here in Rapid City, meaning that home and business owners cannot remove them without professional help. That's why the best and most efficient way to remove bats in or around your home is with the crew from Olson's Pest Technicians. Call, submit a contact form, or get in touch with a local provider today to get started on our total bat control services built to last.