Effective Harrisburg, SD Pest Control
Harrisburg, South Dakota, is a quaint little town with approximately 6,732 residents as of the 2020 census. Situated in Lincoln County, Harrisburg is considered a suburb of Sioux Falls. Harrisburg is known for its solid school system and the new sports complex and stadium built to host middle and high school athletic events. These things, along with its proximity to the big city of Sioux Falls, have made Harrisburg a great place for businesses to set up and families to settle down. However, with more people in the area comes more pests, as the pests cannot exist without us. The onslaught of pests is why Lincoln County pest control has become more important over the years. Pests are invading our homes and damaging our businesses. Keep reading to learn how Olson’s Pest Technicians can help you become pest-free today!
Residential Pest Control In Harrisburg
Feeling safe in your home should be of the utmost importance. When pests invade, that sense of security is removed, and infestations can be not only embarrassing to admit but overwhelming and incredibly frustrating. The technicians here at Olson’s Pest Technicians have worked in the Upper Midwest for over 50 years. This experience with local pests has given us the ability to quickly and safely exterminate pests inside your home. Our technicians will start with an examination of your house and property. Once they have a better understanding of your situation, they will customize a home pest control treatment plan that adheres to the uniqueness of your infestation problem. Treatment is conducted with top-of-the-line treatments not available to the general public, and our technicians will then work with you to implement prevention strategies. After this is complete, we will conduct follow-up visits to ensure you are satisfied with the service and make certain pests have not returned. Pest infestations can happen to anyone, regardless of how clean or dirty your home is. Call Olson’s Pest Technicians today for kind, understanding service.
Commercial Pest Control In Harrisburg
Professional Lincoln County pest control has become a hot topic as more businesses have set up their establishments here in Harrisburg and the nearby cities. All it takes is one customer posting a bad review or photo of a pest in your establishment for you to end up with a public relations nightmare. Here at Olson’s Pest Technicians, we understand full-well how difficult running a business can be. That’s why we want to handle the pest problems for you. Following a similar formula as our residential treatment process, we will ensure that the commercial pest control treatment plan for your business is as unique as the situation at hand, ensuring that any pest infestation is exterminated quickly. Additional follow-up visits help to keep your business clean and completely pest-free. If you have a problem, don’t wait for it to get worse, and don’t try to handle it yourself; let us take care of it for you.
Five Tips For Keeping Your Harrisburg Property Ant-Free
Whether you own a home or a business in Harrisburg or want to enjoy the yard and physical building and be safe while in them are crucial.
Below are five tips you can try for effective outdoor ant control:
- Watch where you grow your plants: Effective ant control begins outside. Be sure to keep shrubs, bushes, and other plants away from your home or business, as they attract ants.
- Sprinkle cornmeal: While not the most effective ant control out there, a simple thing you can do is to sprinkle cornmeal around areas you want to keep ants away from, such as bird feeder poles, plants, and trees.
- Rake the yard: An easy form of outdoor ant control is to rake the yard regularly. When you do this, the rake will destroy any ant mounds, displacing them and making it harder for them to set up shop.
- Draw chalk lines: Ants have a funny way about them; they don’t like to cross lines. Drawing lines in chalk on your pavement is another way to try and keep ants from coming too close to your yard or home.
- Call Olson’s Pest Technicians: The most effective form of ant control is professional treatment. Our sprays and other treatments are superior to DIY methods listed online, as these tools are not readily available to the public. Our knowledge of ants and their behavior allows us to safely and effectively exterminate entire ant colonies on your property for good.
How Attics Provide Dry, Sheltered Roosting For Bats In Harrisburg
While they may be cute, bat control is extremely important for Harrisburg residents. Below are some reasons why they might be roosting in your attic:
- Shelter: Ultimately, bats are just looking for a dry, warm place to rest and shield themselves from the weather. An attic is typically dark, warm, and undisturbed, a perfect place for them.
- Bats are nocturnal: Bats are nocturnal, meaning they prefer to be active at night. Having access to a dark place during the daylight hours is essential for them, making your dark attic very appealing.
- Wood framing: Bats normally nest in trees, so an attic with wood framing makes it even more appealing to a bat that’s looking for a safe place to roost.
Because bats can spread diseases to humans, professional bat control from Olson’s Pest Technicians is crucial. Don’t try to remove the bats in your attic by yourself. Our technicians have the training required to safely remove them, ensuring nobody gets bitten or hurt in the process. If bats are roosting in your attic, give us a call today!