Guaranteed Cherry County Pest Control For Homes & Businesses
Home to some of the prairie's most stunning landscapes and sand dunes, the city of Valentine is just as dreamy as its name. The city itself is packed with breweries, local shops, a bike bath, diverse eateries, and anything else you could imagine. And with ideal access to Fort Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge, Valentine is an ideal location for those who seek nature and some peace and quiet. With seasonal conditions that span a chilly winter to a warm summer to a temperate fall and spring, there is always something to enjoy in Valentine; however, these conditions also make the area susceptible to pest problems. That's why, at Olson's Pest Technicians, we seek to provide Cherry County pest control that lasts month after month. With over 80 years of combined experience and an emphasis on Integrated Pest Management, we strive to limit pest populations in Valentine no matter what issues you may be facing. To learn more about our pest control offerings and get started protecting your property, contact us today.
Residential Pest Control In Valentine, NE
As a local, family owned and operated business, here at Olson's Pest Technicians, we believe in the importance of the home. That's why we've been working around the clock since 1966 to provide local homeowners with residential pest control in Valentine that you can trust. Through Integrated Pest Management protocols, we're able to accurately identify and get rid of pest problems while also preventing new ones from occurring. We always begin by providing a careful inspection of your property, inside and out, and then apply safe treatments primarily to the exterior of your home, with interior treatments as needed. Our pest management professionals are QualityPro Certified to further provide the best service around. And with emergency services and a pest-free guarantee that you can't beat, Olson's Pest Technicians is the team to turn to for all of your residential pest control needs. For more information about our services, contact us today.
Commercial Pest Control In Valentine, NE
At Olson's Pest Technicians, it's our mission to keep your business free of pests all year long. As local trusted pest experts since 1966, we've worked with businesses of all sizes and disciplines, so we know how to find the treatments that will work for you. Our QualityPro Certified pest management professionals follow strict Integrated Pest Management protocols in order to get to the root cause of your pest problems and customize a treatment plan to meet your unique needs. We've designed our treatments to be primarily applied to the exterior of your property; however, we'll treat the interior of your business safely and on an as-needed basis. By using IPM, we're also able to monitor the effectiveness of these treatments and change course if necessary. We provide a pest-free guarantee on all services and will be there for you with same-day and emergency commercial pest control services in Valentine. For more information on our offerings, contact us today.
Termite Control: What Every Valentine Homeowner Needs To Know
Each year, termite damage impacts 600,000 homeowners, costing them roughly five billion dollars in repairs. And the homes in Valentine are at risk for the potential troubles that termites can bring. Try these tips for termite control that works:
- Always maintain at least four inches between mulch beds and your foundation.
- Keep your yard clear from debris like fallen tree branches, hedge trimmings, and leaf piles.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home or any other structures on your property, like sheds and garages.
- If you notice a leak or water damage, look into rectifying it.
- Reduce moisture around your home by opting for a dehumidifier and redirecting condensation from air conditioning units.
- Replace worn weatherstripping around doors and baseboards.
- If you spot any termite damage, don't ignore it; contact a professional.
At Olson's Pest Technicians, we provide homeowners with termite control in Valentine that works. In addition to our termite inspections, we use methods like Termidor® and
Sentricon® bait stations, pre-purchase or sale inspections, and new construction treatments so that you're covered no matter the scenario. For more information on protecting your home from termites, contact us today.
How To Prevent Ant Infestations In Valentine
As Valentine's most commonly encountered nuisance pest, ants can become an issue in your home or business at any time of the year. In order to prevent them from becoming an issue, try these steps:
- Start by securing your foundation. Look to even the smallest crevices as potential entry points and fill them with caulk. You'll also want to repair or replace any worn window screens, apply weatherstripping to the gaps around windows and doors, and install door sweeps where necessary.
- Next, you'll need to assess how you store food. All food and pantry items should be kept in secure containers and avoid doing something like leaving a bag of chips open.
- Don't forget about your trash. Ants aren't fussy, so trash that's been piling up is a feast for them. Make sure to use a bin with a properly working lid, take the trash out regularly, and always check for food residue between uses.
- Aim for cleanliness. Spills, especially of the sugary kind, are very attractive to ants. Be sure to clean all crumbs and spills, even of shampoo or soap, thoroughly.
- If you notice a leak, fix it. Look at everything from downspouts and gutters to faucets, pipes, and even bathtubs.
- Contact your pest professionals. Preventing ants can be a tricky business, which is why professional ant control can be extremely beneficial.
It's never too soon to contact Olson's Pest Technicians for ant control that works. We use safe and reliable techniques to keep ants out of your home all year round. Contact us today for more information.
How Bed Bugs Get Into Valentine Homes
No one wants to wake up to painful bed bug bites, but these unwanted pests can find their way into our homes in many ways.
First, knowing that these persistent nuisances are excellent hitchhikers and can travel undetected in luggage and clothing is essential to preventing an infestation.
One common source of bed bug problems is travel, as something as simple as a hotel stay where bed bugs are present can cause an infestation in your home once you get back. Once inside, they can quickly spread to other areas, even cracks in the walls and behind electrical outlets.
Secondhand furniture or clothes can also introduce bed bugs into your Valentine home. While many of us love finding great deals in thrift and antique stores, bringing them onto your property without proper inspection may lead to significant issues.
And finally, shared living spaces like apartment buildings are bed bug havens. If one unit becomes infested, pests can readily travel through wall voids and electrical outlets, spreading the infestation rapidly.
The best way to prevent bed bug infestations is to inspect anything you bring inside your home, vacuum often, and wash what you can at high temperatures. Olson's Pest Technicians can help with top-rated bed bug control in Valentine if more is needed.
Why Bat Infestations In Valentine Shouldn't Be Faced Alone
It is better not to deal with bat infestations in Valentine alone for many reasons. These winged mammals play a crucial role in the ecosystem as pollinators and insect controllers, and many laws protect them. Handling them responsibly and ethically is essential.
Also, bats can carry diseases, including rabies. You need the proper knowledge and protective measures to safely get them out of your home. They also roost in hard-to-reach areas like attics and wall voids. Removing them could cause structural damage or create unsanitary conditions.
But with the proper techniques, you can ensure their safe eviction without harming them or damaging your property.
And finally, attempting to eliminate bats without experience is often ineffective. They can squeeze through tiny openings, and sealing off entry points without a thorough understanding of their behavior can result in them finding other ways to get back into your home.
Olson's Pest Technicians have the expertise, equipment, and permits to safely and effectively handle bat infestations. Call us today to learn about our bat control services in Valentine, including exclusion methods, techniques to prevent future infestations, and bat guano cleanup services.
Problems And Dangers Cockroaches Bring To Valentine Homes
Cockroaches can pose significant problems if they infest your Valentine home. These resilient and fast reproducers can affect our health and comfort in no time in many ways, including the following:
- Cockroaches can spread diseases: Roaches can carry bacteria, viruses, and more, including salmonella and E. coli. They often travel through unsanitary areas like sewers and garbage bins, picking up pathogens and contaminating our surfaces and food sources later.
- Cockroaches can trigger allergic reactions: You are at risk of asthma attacks and other problems if you have these scavengers in your home, especially if you have respiratory sensitivities. Cockroach allergens in the air can also lead to ongoing health problems.
- Cockroaches can cause property damage: These dangerous pests can chew on anything from books to electrical wiring, increasing the risk of electrical shorts and potential fire hazards.
Enlisting the help of professionals is essential to eliminate an infestation. At Olson's Pest Technicians, we have the training to identify the extent of the problem, implement targeted cockroach control treatments, and provide recommendations for preventing future infestations. Call us today to get started.
Common Spiders Found In Valentine
Our Valentine homes can become ideal shelters for several common types of spiders. While they play a vital role in controlling insect populations, you may have concerns about certain species because of their appearance.
Here are a few spiders you might encounter in the area:
- Common house spiders: Also known as the American house spider, you will typically find this common house spider indoors, building webs in corners or other secluded areas. They are relatively harmless and feed on small insects.
- Wolf spiders: Commonly found in outdoor areas like gardens and fields, wolf spiders are known for their fast movement and hunting behavior. Their bite may cause mild irritation, but they are not considered dangerous to people.
- Cellar spiders: Cellar spiders, also known as daddy long legs, are not actual spiders, although they look like them because of their long, thin legs. You will find them in dark and damp environments, such as basements or cellars, where they build tangled and irregular webs.
- Sac spiders: Tiny and yellowish-brown in color, sac spiders build sac-like webs in outdoor vegetation. Their bite can cause discomfort, but they are not considered highly venomous. They usually stay out of our homes.
- Jumping spiders: You can often recognize jumping spiders by their compact bodies and excellent jumping abilities. They are generally harmless to humans.
While spiders are generally beneficial, you may want them to stay away from you and your loved ones.
If you see one or more of these types of spiders, usually wolf spiders or cellar spiders, the best way to eliminate them is with help from Olson's Pest Technicians. Call us today to schedule a home inspection.