Professional Minnehaha County Pest Control For Homes & Businesses
As the largest city in South Dakota, Sioux Falls has quite a reputation. Sometimes called 'Stone Shatter City,' this Minnehaha County city is home to stunning landmarks, including Falls Park, the Big Sioux River, and the Old Minnehaha County Courthouse.
Despite all these interesting landmarks, there is one significant problem homeowners face — pest activity in Sioux Falls.
This problem changes with the help of Olson's Pest Technicians. All our employees are uniformed professionals who pride themselves on both work ethic and thoroughness, bringing relief to any property. Contact Olson's Pest Technicians today for more information or to get started on pest control services in Sioux Falls, SD!
Residential Pest Control In Sioux Falls, SD
Every residential pest control treatment in Sioux Falls from Olson's Pest Technicians must live up to a high set of standards. From actionable services to regular, timed visits, our pros make it their mission to lock pests out for as long as possible.
The Olson's Pest Technicians professionals have been caring for Sioux Falls homeowners since 1966, spearheading the removal of some of the area's worst pests. These include:
- Boxelder Bugs
- Stinging Insects
- Bed Bugs
- Moles & Voles
Protect your Sioux Falls home in a way that truly matters. Get in touch with Olson's Pest Technicians today to book an initial inspection, or submit an online contact form to answer any of your questions.
Commercial Pest Control In Sioux Falls, SD
The process of removing pests from your commercial property may be anything but easy. In order to protect employees, care for customers, and follow all your industry guidelines, you need to practice careful management and the proper application of products.
As a business owner, you want to spend less time worrying about pests and more time doing what you love. By calling Olson's Pest Technicians, you can effectively eliminate pests and their negative effects within a few short visits.
Here's how we apply our commercial pest control process:
- First, we will inspect your property and listen to any concerns you may have about pest activity.
- We then create a customized plan of action that is right for your business, with no shortcuts or compromises on safety procedures.
- Next, we'll apply the necessary pest control treatments and schedule any follow-up visits to ensure everything is under control.
- We'll finish with another inspection, sending you on your way to a pest-free business!
Ready for your first treatment? Call the Sioux Falls office of Olson's Pest Technicians to get started with effective commercial pest control solutions in Sioux Falls!
The Most Effective Termite Control For Your Sioux Falls Property
The secret is out: DIY efforts and over-the-counter products are not enough to remove a serious termite infestation. Due to their formidable nature and propensity to infest hard-to-reach places, manual applications and home remedies will not be enough to remove an entire colony.
Below is the most effective form of termite control for your Sioux Falls property.
- Start by calling up the team at Olson's Pest Technicians. We will quickly evaluate and inspect your property for termites and evaluate the extent of the issue from all sides. We will also identify the species in question for better treatment adaptations.
- Olson's Pest Technicians provides both Sentricon® bait stations and chemical treatments that stop termites in their tracks. With decades of experience in the termite control industry, our technicians will carefully apply treatment measures to protect your family.
- Finally, our team continues to care for your property by evaluating the home post-treatment.
Book your first-ever termite treatment program by calling Olson's Pest Technicians today. We can't wait to serve you with skill, passion, and pride.
Ant Prevention Tips For Sioux Falls Residents
Whether or not you have dealt with an infestation before, the fact is that severe ant activity can make short work of your lawn and landscaping. These creatures outnumber Sioux Falls homeowners by nearly 10 to 1 and will stop at nothing to colonize your entire backyard.
Here are some helpful steps you can take today to prevent ants from taking over your property:
- Avoid leaving pet food outside at night, storing it on a high shelf or in a container.
- Keep your building clean and organized.
- Seal up any possible entry points with caulk, steel wool, fine mesh screen, or any other exclusionary material to prevent cracks in the foundation or tile work from providing the perfect ant highway into your property.
- Do not leave spilled sugar or other sweet foods out overnight. If possible, store all treats inside glass or plastic containers.
- Wash dirty dishes frequently to eliminate any attractant factors. Dry them thoroughly, then stack them appropriately inside drawers or cabinets.
For more helpful ant prevention steps or to receive a consultation about their expedient removal, look no further than the crew Olson's Pest Technicians. Call now to secure a place on our schedule.
Are These Bed Bugs In My Sioux City Home?
Bed bugs are nocturnal pests that feed mostly on human blood to survive. However, they can also consume the blood of other warm-blooded animals like poultry and birds. Regardless, human blood is their first choice, so it makes sense why bed bugs are often found in places where humans gather, whether it be inside homes, apartments, hotels, schools, offices, stores, public transportation, etc.
It's not always easy to detect bed bugs because they are nocturnal by nature and, therefore, difficult to catch in the act of feeding. If you’re not sure how to identify bed bugs, there are some basic characteristics to keep in mind.
Here’s how to tell if you’re dealing with bed bugs in your Sioux City home: their body is flat, oval-shaped, and broad, though they can also be swollen and elongated after feeding. The coloration of bed bugs tends to be reddish-brown/mahogany and redder after feeding. These insects have six legs and antennae, no wings, and cannot fly. They can measure up to 3/16’’ long when it comes to their size.
If you think you may have a bed bug problem around your property, the best thing you can do is contact a team of pest experts right away. The team at Olson’s Pest Technicians is equipped and ready to handle your bed bug problem, no matter the scale. From accurate detection services to complete bed bug exterminating, we are here to bring you complete bed bug protection you can count on, guaranteed. Call us today to get started. We look forward to helping you.
Tips For Ants In Sioux City
When it comes to controlling ant populations around your property, the best approach is to be as proactive as possible in your prevention efforts. To get you started, there are some common practices that you can put in place around your home or business to reduce your chances of experiencing an ant infestation. Here are some helpful tips for ant control in Sioux City:
- Clean up spills and messes right away to avoid attracting ants.
- Eliminate access points by sealing all cracks and crevices around the outside of the home.
- Install a dehumidifier in damper areas of the house, like basements, crawl spaces, and attics.
- Keep branches, trees, and bushes well-trimmed and directed away from the house.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and practice proper sanitation.
- Reduce access to food sources, and store all food in sealed, air-tight containers.
Even if you remain diligent in your ant prevention efforts, sometimes ants manage to get into your property anyway. Ant infestation is a real nightmare to deal with, and that’s why we recommend professional pest control solutions.
If you want guaranteed year-round protection from ant activity, look no further than the pros at Olson’s Pest Technicians. We’re here to provide you with complete ant control and prevention services to keep you protected throughout the year. Reach out to us today to learn more.
Are Bats In Sioux City Dangerous?
Bats are hairy, winged wildlife pests that find their way into your home looking for shelter, food, and water. Once bats make their way into your structure, you’ll often find them hiding in chimneys, attics, wall voids, and crawl spaces. They prefer dark, remote areas where they can breed without interruption.
Bats create their homes, also known as ‘roosts,’ within the construction of your home or business, and they can cause damage to the overall structure of the property. Some common dangers of bat activity include:
- Bites going undetected for long periods of time
- Biting and infecting people and pets with diseases
- Causing widespread contamination that threatens your health
- Producing droppings that contain fungi and parasites
- Rapid reproduction rate that spreads their populations quickly
- Transmitting illnesses like rabies and histoplasmosis
So, if you’re wondering whether or not bats in Sioux City are dangerous, the answer is a resounding yes. At the end of the day, the best way to deal with any kind of bat activity is to contact the pest professionals.
Here at Olson’s Pest Technicians, we’re ready to deal with your bat situation, providing you with year-round coverage from the dangers of infestation. Reach out to us today to get started.
Why Are There So Many Spiders In My Sioux City Home?
Spiders are common household pests that can appear suddenly and spread quickly. If you’re wondering why there are so many spiders in your Sioux City home, you should be aware of certain spider attractants and conducive conditions throughout your property.
One of the biggest spider attractants is the presence of other insects in your home. Spiders feed on insects. They rely on them as their main food source, so the presence of insects around your home is a big spider attractant. Something else to think about is the fact that spiders seek shelter in cool, damp areas, so if you have any moisture problems on your property, you could be attracting spider activity.
For the most effective spider control and prevention services, the best thing to do is to reach out to the pest professionals. Olson’s Pest Technicians is your local source for complete spider control and prevention services. Get in touch with us today to learn more; we’re here to help you.
Since we have hired them we have not had any issues with pests. Very professional and reliable!