How To Completely Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Sioux Falls
November 10, 2021 - Bed Bugs
When bed bugs start infesting your home, you may be wondering how to get rid of bed bugs as fast as possible. Fortunately, with proper bed bug control tactics, such as learning how to prevent bed bugs, and the help of Sioux Falls pest control for bed bugs, you can be rid of these nightmare pests completely.
Signs Of Bed Bugs In Your Sioux Falls Home
A key part of bed bug control is learning the signs that bed bugs may be infesting your home. If you see any of the items below around your house, immediately reach out for bed bug pest control in Sioux Falls provided by Olson’s Pest Technicians.
- Rust-colored or reddish stains will be found along the seams of furniture, on sheets, pillows, and blankets, or on walls and carpets when a bed bug infestation is present. The more concentrated the stains are, the more bed bugs are in that area.
- A musty odor is often present when bed bugs infest your home. This unpleasant scent, along with other signs of bed bugs, is a major infestation indicator.
- If you see bed bug bodies, white clusters of bed bug eggs, or almost translucent bed bug nymphs, it is a pretty sure sign of an infestation. You will see bed bugs commonly in sleeping areas, but they can infest other areas of your home.
The Problems Bed Bugs Bring To Sioux Falls Homes
Bed bugs can bring several problems to your Sioux Falls homes, especially if an infestation is left untreated. Pest control to kill bed bugs is highly recommended to stop any of these negative consequences:
- Itchy bites that appear red, swollen, and in a zig-zag line: Over time, these can lead to secondary infections due to constant scratching.
- A loss of sleep or a sense of anxiety and paranoia: These conditions result from having bed bugs in your home and not knowing whether they will bite you if you fall asleep, which keeps many individuals awake.
- Staining on furniture, sleeping quarters, floors, and walls: These stains are difficult to remove.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Sioux Falls
If you want to know how to get rid of bed bugs, you should contact local pest control for bed bugs at the first signs of infestation. Olson’s Pest Technicians are highly trained in evaluating the scale of a bed bug problem and will present you with effective, safe solutions to treat bed bugs that will leave your home bed bug-free.
For customized, successful pest control to kill bed bugs, contact Olson’s Pest Technicians today.
How To Prevent Bed Bugs In Sioux Falls From Coming Back
Understanding how to prevent bed bugs is essential in ensuring these pests don’t make their way back into your home.
- When traveling, always put your luggage on an elevated surface to stop bed bugs from crawling in overnight. Also, wash any clothes you traveled with in hot water upon returning home.
- Check accommodations or other buildings for signs of bed bug staining on the furniture, walls, carpets, or sleeping quarters. Don’t stay in an area that shows signs of bed bugs.
- Use a flashlight to check for bed bugs in gaps or cracks around any accommodation. If you see bed bugs, immediately leave the area.