How To Put Up Your Holiday Decorations Without The Pests In Sioux Falls
November 30, 2022 - Holiday Pest Control
As the cooler months approach, many of us are starting to think about putting up our holiday decorations. Unfortunately, the temperatures dropping doesn’t mean the pests are going away; in fact, many of them will be trying to move in once it gets cold enough outside. If you have holiday decorations up in your yard along the outside of your home, pests can cause an incredible amount of damage to your decor, making professional pest control in Sioux Falls especially important during the winter months. Read on to learn how Olson’s Pest Technicians can help keep your holiday decorations safe this year!
It's Time To Start Decorating Your Home For The Holidays
As the holiday season rapidly approaches, many of us are preparing to string up the lights, put out the inflatable decorations, and set up any other beloved decor we might have. However, the fun of this activity can quickly turn sour when you find that pests have chewed through your lights or stained your decorations while they were in storage in your attic or basement. Your decorations are still at risk even when they’re on display, as pests continue to wreak havoc year-round. The holiday season is one of the many reasons Olson’s Pest Technicians offers comprehensive home pest control services. Get back to enjoying the holiday season without worrying about the pests; give us a call!
The Many Pests That Can Affect Your Holiday Decor
There are many different types of pests here in Sioux Falls, and all of them are capable of damaging your holiday decor. Below are some of the most common types of pests you’ll find trying to destroy your decorations:
- Mice: Perhaps the most common pests that will destroy your decor are mice. They chew incessantly on things, including your string lights and anything else they are exposed to.
- Rats: Another common rodent, rats will ruin your decorations for the same reason mice will. They might also use your decorations as nesting material, and leave feces on your decor as well.
- Squirrels: Just like the other two kinds of rodents, squirrels are also notorious for their chewing, as well as their ability to spread diseases.
- Insects and arachnids: There are many types of bugs that might also find their way into your decorations, ruining them by spreading diseases and depositing feces on them.
With more than 50 years of experience handling Sioux Falls pests, no matter what infestation you're dealing with, Olson’s Pest Technicians have the skills and tools to tackle the matter.
Simple Tips To Prevent Pests In Your Holiday Decorations
While the most effective way to prevent pests in your holiday decorations is to contact Olson’s Pest Technicians for professional residential pest control, there are some simple things everyone can do today to ensure pests aren't invading their decor. Below are some tips to try out:
- Properly store your decorations: Try storing your decorations in boxes that can’t be chewed through. Ditch the cardboard boxes in exchange for something much tougher, which will keep out the rodents and the bugs.
- Organize clutter: Keeping your decorations organized will make them less appealing to lots of pests, keeping them out of the area in the first place.
- Seal up holes: Pinpoint any holes, cracks, or crevices where pests might be finding their way indoors. Keep them out of your home by sealing these up whenever you find them.
The professionals at Olson’s Pest Technicians conduct thorough inspections to pinpoint conducive conditions that allow for infestations to take place. If you aren’t sure how the pests are getting in, give us a call for help today!
The Easy Way To A Pest-Free Holiday
Olson’s Pest Technicians have been helping Sioux Falls families have pest-free holidays since 1966. You shouldn’t have to worry about pests while you’re trying to enjoy your holidays with your family. Let our pest management professionals take care of the pests for you; give us a call today!
They do a wonderful job and really know their business would recommend to everyone