What It Takes To Get Rid Of Roaches In Your Sioux Falls Home
September 30, 2022 - Cockroaches
Cockroaches are infamous for their filth and resiliency and have gone down as one of the most challenging pests to exterminate, especially on your own. Due to the dense human population in Sioux Falls, SD, the cockroach population is flourishing, and it is only a matter of time before your home experiences a cockroach infestation. At Olson’s Pest Technicians, we pride ourselves on providing the most complete, highest quality, and effective pest control in Sioux Falls, and we specialize in exterminating entire cockroach infestations. Read on to learn how we can help you secure your home today!
The Types Of Cockroaches That Invade Sioux Falls Homes
Several types of cockroaches typically invade Sioux Falls homes. Below are the most common:
- American Cockroach: This is the largest roach species, and they can grow up to three inches long. Both male and female American cockroaches have wings, allowing them to travel around your home easily. When looking for somewhere to set up shop, they will choose the warmest, most humid areas of your home.
- Oriental Cockroach: Commonly referred to as ‘water bugs,’ these roaches have smooth, shiny bodies and are typically dark brown or black. Oriental roaches have a distinctive, musty smell that people describe as ‘powerful’ and ‘unpleasant.’
- German Cockroach: These are light brown to tan roaches with two dark stripes running down their bodies. These are one of the more common types of roaches, and while both males and females have wings, they are unlikely to use them to fly around. The roaches in your kitchen and pantry are most likely German roaches.
No matter what types of cockroaches have invaded your home, Olson’s Pest Technicians have the tools and treatments needed to eliminate them from your home permanently. Don’t waste your time and money on DIY methods. Call us for proven results today!
Cockroaches In Your Home Is A Major Risk To Your Health
One of the reasons it is so important to get rid of cockroaches is the risk they pose to you and your family’s health. Cockroaches carry 60 pathogenic bacteria, fungi, molds, parasitic worms, and viruses and can spread them to humans. Below are some of the most common illnesses they spread:
- Listeria: Is considered to be the most dangerous and most serious type of food poisoning; listeria symptoms can include fever, muscle aches, confusion, loss of balance, a stiff neck, and convulsions. Roaches spread this by crawling over your eating utensils, food prep areas, and cooking ware storage areas.
- E. coli: This is a gastrointestinal disease that can cause bloody diarrhea, stomach cramping, and vomiting and is contracted through exposure to roach feces and can cause a fever that takes five to seven days to clear up.
- Asthma and allergies: Cockroach saliva, feces, and shedding body parts can also trigger asthma attacks and allergies. Children are especially susceptible to this. When allergens are disturbed, they act like dust mites and float through the air, triggering existing symptoms.
The only way to get rid of cockroaches and prevent these diseases from spreading in your home is to have a professional complete a thorough treatment. At Olson’s Pest Technicians, we have over 50 years of experience exterminating these dangerous pests from Sioux Falls homes. Let’s work together to keep your family safe and healthy!
Why DIY Cockroach Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
There are dozens of DIY cockroach control methods listed online, but we advise against them. These methods are rarely powerful enough to kill cockroaches, and some of the methods listed actually can be unsafe for humans and pets. Below are some reasons why these over-the-counter and DIY strategies and products don’t work:
- Cockroaches are prolific breeders: A single cockroach egg can contain up to 30 nymphs. Even if you manage to kill the adult roaches, the cycle will continue with the eggs they have left behind, and finding and destroying every single egg they produce is incredibly difficult to do on your own.
- DIY methods don’t work: Most DIY methods you find online don’t work. Some can also attract roaches rather than repel them, making your infestation worse!
- Cockroaches are resilient: These pests have evolved to survive the chemicals in most over-the-counter treatments, meaning you are only wasting your money and time trying to combat them with those tools. Even the salmonella strains they pass on are more resistant to antibiotic treatment!
Olson’s Pest Technicians utilize the tools available on the professional market, ensuring to eliminate your entire infestation. Professional cockroach control is an investment you won’t regret. Give us a call for help today!
The Best Cockroach Control Solution For Your Home
Our home is supposed to be a safe space where we can relax and know that we are safe and secure. Cockroaches strip this sense of security from us while simultaneously exposing us to terrible diseases. At Olson’s Pest Technicians, we take our job of protecting your home seriously. We want to help you feel safe again in your own home. Contact us today to get started!