What To Do About A Bat Infestation On Your Sioux Falls Property
October 30, 2022 - Bats
Bats can be a nuisance on your property if they're not handled properly. If you're dealing with bats in Sioux Falls, SD, it's important to know what to do about them. Olson's Pest Technicians will cover the basics of bat control in Sioux Falls. We'll help you identify whether or not bats are a problem on your property, and discuss the best way to control bats in Sioux Falls. We'll also provide tips for preventing bats from returning in the future, including how pest control in Sioux Falls can help.
How To Tell If You Have A Bat Problem On Your Property
In Sioux Falls, it's not uncommon to see bats flying around at night. However, they can become a problem if they set up shop on your property and are not handled properly.
There are a few signs that you may have a bat problem:
- You see bats flying around your property. Bats are nocturnal animals, so you'll most likely see them flying around your property at night.
- You see bats roosting in trees or on buildings during the day. While bats are nocturnal, you may also see them roosting in trees or on buildings during the day.
- You hear strange noises coming from your attic or walls. Bats can make a lot of noise when they're roosting in your attic or walls.
- You see bat droppings in your home. Bat droppings can be harmful to your health, so it's important to remove them from your home as soon as possible.
If you notice any of these signs, call a bat control specialist for your Sioux Falls home. Bats can cause a variety of problems on your property, so it's best to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Why You Don't Want Bats Hanging Around
While bats in Sioux Falls may seem relatively harmless, they can actually cause a lot of problems on your property:
- Bats can carry diseases that are harmful to humans, including rabies.
- Bats can damage your property by chewing through insulation and wood.
- Bats can contaminate your home with their droppings, which can contain harmful bacteria.
These creatures are an important part of the ecosystem, but that doesn't mean you want them on your property. If you have a bat problem, call a professional in bat pest control near you to take care of it right away.
The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of A Bat Infestation
If you have bats on your property, the best thing to do is call a bat pest control professional. Olson's Pest Technicians are experts in bat removal and pest control in Sioux Falls. We'll come to your property, assess the situation, and develop a plan to get rid of the bats safely and effectively with our humane bat control services so that you can enjoy your yard again.
Naturally Effective Tips To Prevent Future Bat Problems
Here are a few things you can do to prevent bats from returning to your property without the use of chemical products:
- Remove roosting sites. Bats like to roost in trees and on buildings. If you remove these roosting sites, they'll be less likely to return to your property.
- Block entry points. Bats can squeeze through small spaces, so it's important to block any potential entry points into your home.
- Turn off outdoor lights. Insects are attracted to light, and bats eat insects. If you turn off your outdoor lights, you'll make your property less attractive to bats.
Olson's Pest Technicians can also help prevent future bat problems. We've been helping Sioux Falls residents with bat issues since 1966, so we know what it takes to keep them away from your property. Contact us today to request a free inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Sioux Falls.
Since we have hired them we have not had any issues with pests. Very professional and reliable!