What To Do About Bats Hanging Around Your Sioux Falls Property
December 15, 2022 - Bats
Bat infestation is a common problem that people in Sioux Falls experience. Bats don’t create holes to enter your home but use available entryways. When they invade your home in large numbers, they wreak havoc, forcing you to clean your porch constantly.
If there is a looming infestation, it is essential to take proactive bat control measures to remove the pests off your property. Your best approach would be to allow professionals who understand bat behavior to do the job. Sioux Falls pest control professionals know how to manage an infestation using humane bat control treatments.
How To Tell If Bats Are Roosting On Your Property
Confirming whether you have a bat invasion in your Sioux Falls home will allow you to involve bat control specialists before the invasion escalates, calling for expensive removal treatment. Here are signs of a bat infestation in your home:
- Bat droppings: If you have a bat infestation, you will find pebbly and dark-colored droppings in your home, especially near their entry and exit points.
- Sounds in the ceiling, drywall, or attic: You can hear bats trying to escape. They also use sound when trying to get around dark areas.
- Pungent order from your attic: Bat urine and droppings produce a strong ammonia smell. If you can smell a pungent odor in your attic, you probably have a bat infestation.
- Seeing a bat: If you see the critters flying around in your home, there are probably more in the attic or trapped in your drywalls.
- Stains on the ceiling: Urine, moisture, and droppings start seeping through your ceilings when bats roost in your attic.
If you have a bat infestation, call experts in bat control near you to start the removal process immediately and prevent their population from growing.
Bats On Your Property Can Be A Health Hazard
Bats are not safe to have on your Sioux Falls property, as they pose several health risks. For instance, bat droppings carry Histoplasma capsulatum, which becomes air bone when it dries up. The fungus causes lung infection, and Histoplasmosis can be fatal if it spreads to the rest of your body. Bats can also expose your family to rabies through bites and contact with their urine, fur, blood, or droppings.
Dead bats in your house can invite insects, creating other pest problems and health issues. If you find a dead bat in your home, call bat control specialists, as removing the animals yourself is a health risk.
Factors That Attract Bats To Your Property
Your house will attract bats if it meets their water, food, and shelter needs. The presence of plants and compost heaps near your home provides a food source for them as they feed on mosquitoes, moths, beetles, and other insects found in these areas.
Uncapped chimneys give them entry points into your house for shelter. Missing shingles and broken roofs also provide them with the perfect shelter.
The Best Way To Remove Bats From Your Property
The best way to control bats in Sioux Falls is to let trained, and experienced professionals do the job. Look for bat control companies near you to inspect your home for bats and determine the severity of the infestation to employ the best removal treatments.
Olson’s Pest Technicians will survey your property if you have infestation concerns and identify hiding points of the pests. Because bat extermination is illegal, the pest control company will use the exclusion method to remove them from your property.
They seal primary exits, allowing the bats to leave and preventing their return.